Radiance never seen before – dazzle you can afford! Akuafoil business cards give you a wide range of CMYK colors with a sparkling foil finish and an ideal reflection that is priced to give you a true competitive advantage. State-of-the-art features allow you to produce large solid areas as well as reversed out areas of foil. You can produce foiled half tones, gradients and have multiple colors in foil on the same design. The design possibilities are limited only by your imagination, giving your customers an exquisite edge.
What are Akuafoil business cards and how do I set it up?
As shown above, the file on the left is the normal CMYK print file. If you want the logo to be Akuafoil, then your Akuafoil mask file should look like the file on the right. The white indicates no Akuafoil and black 100% K indicates where the Akuafoil will be applied. When uploading, please remember to upload separate files.
Here are some more things to keep in mind when creating your Akuafoil business card artwork:
- Make sure the mask and CMYK print file are aligned.
- They should match exactly in size and position.
- Akuafoil works best on lighter colors.
- The darker the CMYK color, the less vibrant the Akuafoil effect
- Do not use very thin or small text and artwork with Akuafoil.
- Use San Serif fonts above 12 point for best results.
- If you have Akuafoil applied to a white area, it will have a plain silver Akuafoil look.
- For best print quality we recommend creating mask files in vector based programs such as Illustrator or CorelDRAW.
If you would like plain silver Akuafoil business cards to print, make sure to have at least 15% K in the CMYK print file area in order to obtain the highest quality silver Akuafoil business card effect.
When creating knockouts in the Akuafoil mask or in the CMYK print file, please be aware that there might be a “Halo” of white around the knockout area. Below are two examples: On the left, a file with a CMYK magenta background and a knockout for the Akuafoil text. On the right, an Akuafoil background with a knockout for the CMYK text
CMYK KNOCKOUT W/AKUAFOIL FILL
These are how the final prints look:
AKUAFOIL KNOCKOUT W/CMYK FILL
These are the printed results:
You can see the white “Halo” in-between the CMYK ink and the Akuafoil. To prevent this, grow/stroke the Akuafoil area in the mask by 1 point. This will allow the Akuafoil to bleed into the CMYK area, reducing the white “Halo” effect. You can also fill in the knockout with a color to reduce the effect further.